Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ray Allen's Future in Boston?

Ray Allen, Boston's All-Star veteran guard, discussed his future with the media earlier this week. His name has been thrown into trade talks recently and today was the first time Allen had ever really expressed his desire to stay, and retire, in Boston. "I'd like to be here," he told reporters. "There's no reason to be any other place. I'd love to retire with this organization. But that's up to the team. I want to be here. This team has proven over the decades to be a winner, one of the best in sports, and that's what this organization plans to do. I'm committed to it."
Allen also said he would do whatever it took basically to be able to stay in Boston. A lesser role in games (He currently plays 40+ minutes a game)? No problem. A reduced salary (He currently makes 19.8 million a year, part of the 5 year/$80 million contract extension he signed while still with the Supersonics). No problem. He said money isn't really a priority, "I know, going into next year, whatever I sign, it won't be the money I'm making now. I know that." All in all, Allen has shown everyone where his loyalties lie; and it's with the Boston Celtics.

No comments:

Post a Comment